The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is an administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters in an institution. It is the prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of education imparted in the college. The IQAC plays a pivotal role in promoting quality standards in teaching, learning and evaluation. It also encourages self-evaluation, accountability and undertakes quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes.
To develop a quality culture in the institution by promoting innovation, advocating inclusion and catalyzing the holistic growth of its primary stakeholders.
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell of the college strives to :
- Sustain and enhance the quality measures upgraded by the institution since its inception in the year 2004
- Arrange for periodic assessment and accreditations
- Stimulate the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research
- Promote collaboration with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance.
- Encourage self-evaluation and accountability
- Promote quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes.
The IQAC consistently works for catalytic improvement and consciously contributes towards the overall excellence of the institution.
- Documentation of all curricular/co-curricular/extracurricular activities on campus
- Promotion of the awareness of global educational strategies
- Co-ordination of quality related activities and to disseminate information on best practices amongst the faculty through various programmes and activities such as seminars, workshops, symposia, conferences, panel discussions
- Examination of the relevance and quality of current academic programs and initiate new courses/programs
Dr. Rajendra Shinde (Principal)
Dr. (Ms.) Nandita Mangalore
Dr. (Fr.) Keith D’Souza, S.J. (Rector)
Senior Administrative Officer
Dr. (Fr.) Conrad Pesso., S.J. (Treasurer)
Fr. Francis De Melo, S.J. (Director, Wellness Centre)
Mr. Ashish Bhasin (Businessman)
Nominee From Local Society
Mrs. Elizabeth Mehta (Founder Muktangan Education Trust)
Dr. (Ms.) S. Annapurna (Vice-Principal, Arts)
Dr. Hrishikesh Samant (Vice-Principal, Science)
Dr. Jehangir Mistry (Dean, Xavier’s Institute of Communication)
Dr. (Ms.) Karuna Gokarn (Vice-Principal, Academics)
Ms. Alpana Palkhiwale (Associate Professor)
Mr. Kishu Daswani (Visiting professor for Self-Financing courses, Businessman)
Mr. Marazban Kotwal (Controller of Exams)
Dr. Geeta Ibrahim (Principal, Nirmala Niketan College of Home-science)
Dr. (Ms.) Madhuri Hambarde (Associate Professor)
Ms. Ruhi Jain (Student Council member)